David Alaniz Photography

Natures turn…….

Blue Angels

It was a beautiful day to attend the Wings Over Houston air show.  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend.  Saturday I took a few from the easement behind my house. Got a few nice ones but it just wasn’t close enough.  I knew the Blue Angels would be flying about 3pm Sunday.  Driving around the week earlier I found what I thought was a good location.  Wide open and inline with the runway they would be using.  I was surprised no one else was taking advantage of this spot especially if they didn’t want to fight the 100,000+ crowd at the air show.

All shot with a Nikon D4 and 500mm lens on a tripod.

Wings-Over-Houston_20141102_1365web

Wings-Over-Houston_20141102_0830web

Wings-Over-Houston_20141102_1145web

Wings-Over-Houston_20141102_1998web

9 responses to “Blue Angels

1. txthong@yahoo.com November 15, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Nice shot David.

Sent from my iPad

2. Tim Timmis November 15, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Cool shots David. Really like the last one. Glad to see that you were able to get out to see them fly and to get some photos.

3. Lyle Krahn November 15, 2014 at 8:49 pm

It’s a fantastic double win to get great photos and skip the crowds. The first and last ones keep pulling me back.

4. Doug Haass November 16, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Love the whole series David. That Fractilius stuff in the last one is pretty cool! I like the blur you captured going with shutter priority on Fat Albert. I did not experiment with that this time around. I’ll check it out next year though.

• dda53 November 16, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Doug, since Fat Albert was coming at me it made it easier to capture. Not going to tell you how many I missed as he passed by. Might have got one of those. Guess I’ll have to wait until next year to try again. You can get pretty crazy with the Fractilius program. Trying to find a happy medium. Only rarely use it just for something different.

5. lenahedges November 16, 2014 at 1:26 pm